1. Engineering Mathematics by B.V. Raman (Tata McGraw-Hill).
2. Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 2e, by M. D. Greenberg
3. Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Wylie C.R. & Barrett
L.C. (McGraw-Hill, Inc.)
4. Higher Engineering Mathematics by B. S. Grewal (Khanna
5. Applied Mathematics (Volumes I and II) by P. N. Wartikar
& J. N. Wartikar (Pune Vidyarthi Griha Prakashan, Pune).
6. Advanced Engineering Mathematics with MATLAB, 2e, by
Thomas L. Harman, James Dabney and Norman Richert
(Brooks/Cole, Thomson Learning).
01. Building Construction by B.C. Punmia.
02. Building Construction by S.C. Rangwala
03. Building Construction by Bindra and Arora.
04. Building Construction and Materials by Sushil Kumar.
05. Doors and Windows, Stairs by R. Barry.
06. Materials of construction by Ghosh, Tata McGraw Hill.
07. Building Materials Technology by Branyly, Tata McGraw
08. Properties of concrete by a M Neville.
09. Properties Evaluation and Control of Engineering, Tata
10. Building Construction by Mitchell.
11. National Building Code.
12. Building Materials— S.V.Deodhar , Khanna Publication
Building Materials/ Engineering Materials
01. Civil Engineering Materials—Neil Jackson & Ravindra K.
Dhir-- Palgrave Macmillan
02. Building Materials---S.K.Duggal—New Age International
03. Civil Engineering Materials --- TTTI Chandigrah, Tata
McGraw Hill Publications.
04. Materials of construction --- Ghosh, Tata McGraw Hill.
05. Building Construction -- S.C. Rangwala.
06. National Building Code. (Latest edition )
07. Doors Windows, and Stairs by R. Barry.
08. Building Materials Technology by Branyly, Tata McGraw
09. Properties of Concrete by A. M. Neville.
10. Properties Evaluation and Control of Engineering, Tata
11. Building Construction by Mitchell.
1. Building Drawings with an integrated Approach to
Built-Environment – Shah, Kale and Patki- Tata McGraw Hill
co. 4th edition.
2. National Building Code (latest)
3. Building Design and construction by Merrit Tata McGraw
4. Times Saver standards of Architectural Design Data by
Callender – Tata McGraw Hill
5. Building science and planning by Dr. S. V. Deodhar.
6. Building services by S.M.Patil
Strength of material
1) Strength of Material - F. L. Singer and Andrew Pytel,
Harper and Row publication
2) Strength of Materials – R Subramanian, Oxford University
3. Elements of Strength of Materials by Timoshenko and
Young, East-West Press Ltd.
4. Mechanics of Materials - Gere and Timoshenko, CHS
5. Mechanics of Material - Beer and .Johnston, McGraw Hill
6. Mechanics of Materials - Andrew Pytel, Jaan Kiualaas,
7. Introduction to Mechanics of Solids- E.P. Popov, Prentice
8. Strength of materials by S Ratan, Tata McGraw Hill.
9. Strength of materials by D S Prakash Rao, University
Theory of structure/ Structural analysis/ Application of
Computer Programming to structures
01. Mechanics of Structures Vol. II by S B Junnarkar and DR.
H J Shah, Charotar.
02. Structural Analysis: A Matrix Approach by Pundit and
Gupta, McGraw Hills.
03. Basic Structural Analysis by C S Reddy, Tata McGraw
04. Structural Analysis by R C Hibbler, Pearson Education.
05. Plastic Methods of Structural Analysis by B. G. Neal,
Champman and Hall.
06. Elementary Structural Analysis by Norris, Wilbur and
07. Intermediate Structural Analysis by C K Wang, Mc Graw
08. Intermediate Structural Analysis: C.K. Wang, McGraw
09. Basic Structural Analysis: Wilbur and Norris.
10. Theory of Structures by L. S. Negi and Jangid, Tata
11. Theory of Structures Vol. I & II by B. C. Punmia, Laxmi
12. Theory of Structures Vol. I & II by Perumull &
Vaidyanathan, Laxmi Publication.
13. Mechanics of Structure vol. II by Junnarkar S B
14. Varghese, P. C. Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design, PHI
15. Krishna Raju- Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design. CBSRD.
16. Shiyekar ,M R.-Limit state design in structural steel –
Prentice Hall of India Learning Pvt. Ltd. Delhi.
17. Ramakrishna, V. Arthur P. D., Ultimate strength Design
for Structural Concrete, Pitman, London.
18. Karve, S. R. and Shah, V. L. , Limit State Theory and
Design of Reinforced Concrete PVG Prakashan, Pune.
19. Punmia, Reinforced Concrete Structures Vol. 1 and 2,
Standard Book House New- Delhi.
20. Sinha and Roy., RCC Analysis and Design. S. Chand and
21. Ramachandra, Design of Steel Structures Vol.-II Standard
22. Punmia,B. C. and Jain and Jain, Comprehensive Design of
Steel Structures, Standard Book House
23. Guide for Structural use of steel work in Buildings-
24. ISI Hand book for structural engineers SP 6 (5): 1980
25. ISI Handbook for structural Engineers SP6 (2) : 1962
Steel Beams and plate girders.
26. ISI Hand book for structural engineers SP 6 (6) 1972.
Application of plastic theory in design of steel structures
1. Design of Steel Structure by N Subramanian, Oxford
University Press, New Delhi.
2. Design of steel structure by Limit State Method as per
IS: 800- 2007 by Bhavikatti S, I K International Publishing
House, New Delhi.
3. Limit state design of Steel Structure by V L Shah & Gore,
Structures Publication, Pune.
4. Teaching materials of National Workshop on design of
steel structure by limit state method organized for faculty
of Pune University, Pune.
5. Teaching Resource Material by INSDAG.
01. Concrete technology by M. L. Gambhir, Tata Mcgraw Hill
02. Concrete Technology by M.S. Shetty, S. Chand
03. Concrete Technology by A R Santhakumar, Oxford
04. Properties of concrete by A. M. Neville, Longman
05. Concrete Technology by R.S. Varshney, Oxford and IBH.
06. Concrete, by P. Kumar Metha, Gujrat Ambuja.
07. Concrete technology by A M. Neville, J.J. Brooks,
08. Concrete technology by Santhakumar- Oxford University
09. Concrete technology-A.M.Neville and Brooks
10. Properties of Concrete- Murdock.
11. Properties of Concrete-P.K.Mehta.
12. Concrete Technology- M.S.Shetty.
13. Fiber Reinforced Cement Composite- P.N.Balguru &
Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
1. Limit State Theory and Design: Dr. V. L. Shah and Dr.
S.R. Karve - Pune Vidyarthi Gruh Publication, Pune.
2. Limit State Analysis and Design: P. Dayaratnram, Wheeler
Publishing company, Delhi.
3. Comprehensive Design of R.C. Structures by Punmia, Jain
and Jain – Standard Book House, New Delhi.
4. RCC Analysis and Design: Sinha, S, Chand and Co. New
5. Reinforced Concrete Design by Varghese, PHI, New Delhi.
6. Reinforced Concrete Design by Pillai Menon, Tata Mc Graw
Hill, New Delhi.
7. Design of Concrete Structure by J N Bandyopadhyay, PHI,
Pre-stressed Concrete/Earthquake Engineering/Design of Water
01. Limit state theory and design of reinforced - Dr. V. L.
Shah and Dr S. R. Karve Concrete, Structures Publications
02. Fundamentals of Reinforced Concrete- N.C. Sinha, S.K.
Roy – S. Chand & Co. Ltd
03. Advanced design of structures- Krishnaraju - Mc Graw
04. Design of Prestressed concrete structures- T. Y. Lin.
05. Prestressed Concrete- N. Krishna Raju – Tata Mc Graw
Hill Publication Co.
06. Comprehensive RCC Design - Punmia, Jain & Jain - Laxmi
07. Design of design of reinforced Concrete structures- M.
L. Gambhir -PHI
08. Reinforced Concrete, Vol I- Dr.H J. Shah Charotar
09. Prestressed Concrete – A Fundamental Approach- Edward
Nawy – PHI.
10. IS: 456: Indian Standard code of practice for plain and
reinforced concrete, BIS, New Delhi.
11. IS: 1343: Indian Standard code of practice for
Prestressed concrete, BIS, New Delhi.
12. IS: 1893: Indian Standard Code of practice for criteria
for Earthquake resistant design of structures, BIS, New
13. IS: 3370-Indian Standard code of practice for concrete
structures for storage of liquids, BIS, New Delhi.
Matrix Methods/ Numerical Methods
01. Numerical Methods for Engineering – S.C. Chapra & R.P.
Canale Tata Mc Graw Hill Publication
02. Matrix & Finite Element analysis of structures –
Madhujit Mukhopadhyay – Ane Books Pvt. Ltd.
03. Problems in structural Analysis by Matrix Methods – P
Bhatt, Wheeler Publication
04. Advanced Structural Analysis – Devdas Menon – Narosa
05. Matrix Analysis of Structures – Aslam Kassimalli Books /
Cole Publishing company.
06. Structural Analysis – A Matrix Approach - Pandit & Gupta
- Tata Mc Graw Hill Publication
07. Matrix Analysis of Framed Structures – Gere & Weaver-
CBS Publications, Delhi
08. Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis – Meghare &
Deshmukh- Charotar Publishing House, Anand.
09. Matrix and Finite Element Analysis of structure by
Madhujeet Mukhopadhyay,Abdul Hameed Shaikh.
10. Matrix Method for structural engineering.by Gere
11. Statistical methods – S.P.Gupta
12. Numerical Methods – E Balagurusamy
13. Numerical methods for Engineers – S.Chapra, R.P.Canale
14. Higher Engineering Mathematics – B.S. Grewal
Finite Element Methods
01. Nonlinear finite element analysis by Reddy- Oxford
02. Introduction to the Finite Element Method – Desai &
Abel, CBS Publishers & Distributors – Delhi
03. Introduction to Finite Elements in Engineering – T.R.
Chandrupatla & A.D. Belegundu - Prentice Hall of India Pvt.
04. Matrix, Finite Element, Computer & Structural Analysis –
M. Mukhopadhyay, Oxford & IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.
05. Finite Element Analysis – Theory & Programming – C.S.
Krishnmoorthy, TATA Mc Graw Hill Publshing Co. Ltd.
06. An Introduction to the Finite Element Method – J.N.
Reddy, TATA Mc Graw Hill Publshing Co. Ltd.
07. Theory & Problems – Finite Element Analysis – Gorge R.
Buchanan, Schaum’s Outline Series. TATA Mc Graw Hill
Publshing Co. Ltd.
08. The Finite Element Method – O.C. Zien kiewicz, TATA Mc
Graw Hill Publshing Co. Ltd.
09. Finite Element Analysis – S.S. Bhavikatti, New Age
International (P) Ltd
Systems Approach to Civil Engineering
01. Operations Research by Hamdy A. Taha
02. Engineering Optimization by S.S.Rao
03. Quantitative Techniques in Management by N.D. Vohra ( Mc
Graw Hill )
04. Topics in Management Science by Robert E. Markland(
05. An Approach to Teaching Civil Engineering System by Paul
06. A System Approach to Civil Engineering Planning & Design
by Thomas K. Jewell (Harper Row Publishers)
07. Mathematical Model for Optimization (MMO Software)
01. Earthquake resistance design of structure by Duggal-
Oxford University Press.
02. Dynamics of structure by Clough R.W. and Penzin J.
McGraw Hill Civil Engineering Series
03. Dynamics of structure by Anil Chopra, Prentice Hall
04. Dynamics of structure by Mario Paz, CBSPD Publication
05 .Earthquake Resistant Design by David J. Downik, John
Wiley and Sons Publication
06. Earthquake Tips NICEE, IIT, Kanpur
07. Elements of Earthquake Engineering by Jaikrishna and
08. Geo-technical Earthquake Engineering by Kramer S. L.
Prentice Hall India Publication
09. Introduction to Structural Dynamics by John M. Biggs
10. Mechanical Vibrations by V. P. Singh
11. Relevant Latest Revisions of IS codes.
Surveying /Advanced Surveying/Remote Sensing/GIS
01. Surveying and Levelling by Vol. I and Vol. II –
T.P.Kanetkar and S.V.Kulkarni
02. Surveying and Levelling by Subramanian, Oxford
03. Surveying, Vol. I & II by Dr.B.C.Punmia, Ashok K. Jain,
04. Surveying: Vol. II. and III by Dr. B. C. Punmia : Laxmi
Publication - New Delhi.
04. Surveying and Levelling by N. N. Basak
05. Surveying Vol. I & II by Dr.K. R. Arora
06. Surveying, Vol. I & II by S. K. Duggal
07. Surveying: Theory and Practice by James M. Anderson,
Edward M. Mikhail
08. Surveying theory and practices by Devis R. E., Foot F.
09. Plane and Geodetic surveying for Engineers. Vol. I by
10. Principles of Surveying. Vol. I by J.G.Olliver,
11. Surveying - Vol. II and III by Dr. K. R. Arora Standard
12. Elements of Photogrammetry by Paul R. Wolf, McGraw Hill
13. Remote sensing and Geographical Information System, By
A. M. Chandra and S. K. Ghosh, Narosa Publishing House.
14. Remote sensing in Civil Engineering by J. M. Kennie and
M. C. Matthews.
15. The GIS book, 5th Edition, George B Korte, PE onward
16. Advanced Surveying -Total Station, GIS and Remote
Sensing by Satheesh Gopi, R.Sathikumar and N. Madhu ,
17. Surveying Vol. 2 by S. K. Duggal, McGraw Hill
Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Contracts and Quantity
01. Estimating and Costing in Civil Engineering: Theory and
Practice By: B.N Dutta Published By: S. Dutta & Company,
02. Estimating, Costing Specifications & valuation in Civil
Engineering By: M.Chakraborty Published By: Author.
03. Estimating and Costing By: G.S.Birdie
04. Estimating and Costing By: Rangwala Published By:
Charotar Publishing House, Anand
05. Civil Engineering Contracts & Estimates By: B.S.Patil
Published By: Orient Longman Ltd. Mumbai.
06. Valuation of Real Estates By:Rangwala Published By:
Charotar Publishing House, Anand
07. Practical Information for quantity Surveyors, Property
Valuers, Architects, Engineers and Builders.By:P.T Joglekar
Published By: Pune Vidyarthi Griha Prakashan, Pune.
08. Standard Contract Clauses for Domestic Bidding
Contracts: Ministry of Statistics and Programme
Implementation, Government of India.
09. FIDIC Document: Federation International Des Ingenieurs
Conseils i.e. International Federation of Consulting Civil
Engineers, Geneva, Switzerland.
10. I.S.1200 (Part 01 to 25): Methods of Measurement of
Building and Civil Engineering Works.
11. D.S.E: District Schedule of Rates
Engineering Geology/Rock Mechanics
01. A Text Book of Engineering Geology by R.B. Gupte -P.V.G.
02. A Text Book of Remote Sensing and Geographical
Information Systems by M. Anji Reddy- 2nd Edition B S
03. A Text Book of Engineering Geology by N. Chenna
04. Principles of Remote Sensing by S.K.Garg.
05. Principles of Engineering Geology by S.K.Garg.
06. Geology and Engineering by R.Legget- McGraw Hill Book
07. Physical Geology by Arthur Holmes-ELBS Publication.
08. Principles of Petrology by G.W. Tyrrel.
09. Jaeger – Rock Mechanics in Engineering, Cambridge Univ
Press London , 1990
10. Goodmann – Principles of Rock Mechanics.
11. Bieniawski Z. T. - Engineering Classification of jointed
12 .Dr. Dobbrin - Introduction to Geophysics
13 .Goodmann – Engg. Geology
14 .Megaw T. M.& Tunnels: Planning, Design, Construction
15. J. V. Bartlett - Int. ED, Ellis Horwood ltd. John Willey
& Sons .
16. Skinner B. J: The Dynamic Earth, An Introduction to Phy
& Porter S. C Geology John Willey & Sons .NY 1989
17. Introduction to Rock Mechanics by B. P. Verma-Khanna Pub
18 .Environmental Geology by Waldiya
19 .Environmental Geology – Keller, Prentice – Hall
20. Gupte R. B. (1980) – P. W. D. Handbook Chapter –6,
Part-II ‘Engineering Geology’Government of Maharashtra.
21. Tunnelling India '94, “Central Board of Irrigation and
Power”, New Delhi
22. Manual on Rock Mechanics, Central Board of Irrigation
and Power, New Delhi, 1988.
23. Handbook of Geological terms, geology and Physical
Geology, David page,University of Michigan. USA
24. Handbook of Geology in Civil engineering, Robert
Fergussion , Legget, Mc-Graw hill,
25. Geotechnical Engineering handbook, Robert day, Mc- Graw
hill, ISBN 0-07-137782-4
26. IRC code of practice for Road Tunnels. IRC-78-2000;
IS-12070; IS-1336 Part I and II.
27. I. S. 4453-1967 Code of practice for Exploration, pits,
trenches, drifts & shaft.
28. I. S. 6926-1973 Code of practice for diamond drilling
for site investigation river valley project.
29. I. S. 4078-1967 Code of practice for Logging and Storage
of Drilling Core.
30. I. S. 5313-1969 Guide for core drilling observation.
01. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering by
Dr.B.C.Punmia, Laxmi Publications
02. Geotechnical Engineering by Shashi K. Gulati & Manoj
Datta, Tata McGraw Hill
03. Geotechnical Engineering by Purushottama Raj
04. Principles of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
by V.N.S. Murthy, UBS Publishers
05. Rocks Mechanics by B.P.Verma
06. Geotechnical Engineering – Principles & Practices by
Donald. P. Coduto, Pearson Education
07. Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan and
A.S.R.Rao, Newage International
08. Physical and Geotechnical Properties of Soils by
Joseph.E.Bowles, International Students Edition
09. Rocks Mechanics by Goodman.
10. Physical and Geotechnical properties of soils- Joseph E.
Bowels, Tata Mac-Grawhill
11. Advance Soil Mechanics – Braja Mohan Das- Tata Mc-
12. Geotechnical Engineering by Shashi K. Gulati & Manoj
Datta – Tata Mc-Grawhill
13. Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics- Gopal Ranjan & A.S.
Rao- New Age Publication
14. IS: 1892-1979 – “Code of Practice for Subsurface
Investigation for Foundation”.
15. IS: 2131-1981 (Reaffiemed 1997), “Method for Standard
penetration Test for Soils”.
16. Bolt, Bruce A.(1999),”Earthquakes”, W.H.Freeman.
17. Baghi, A.,(1994)” Design, Construction and Monitoring of
Landfills.”John Wiley & Sons.
18. Day.R.W.(2002),”Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
01. Soil mechanics and Foundations by B.C Punmia, Laxmi
02. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering- V. N. S
03. Geotechnical Engineering- C.Venkatramaiah.
04. Geotechnical Engineering by Conduto, PHI, New Delhi.
05. Geotechnical Engineering by Shahi. K.Gulati & Manoj
Dutta, Tata McGraw Hill
06. Basic and applied soil mechanics by Gopal Ranjan and
A.S.Rao, New Age Publications
07. A Text book of Geotechnical Engineering- Iqbal H. Khan
08. Foundation Design Manual: N V Nayak, Dhanpat Rai
09. Foundation Analysis and Design- Joseph E. Bowels, TATA
10. Design Aids in Soil Mechanics and Foundation
Engineerimg-Shenbage R Kaniraj, TATA Mc-Grawhill
11. Design of Foundation Systems- Nainan P Kurian, Narosa
12. Foundation Design & Construction- M.J.Tamlinson, ELBS
13. G. A. Leonards, Foundation Engineering, McGraw-Hill,
14. J.E. Bowles, Foundations Analysis and Design, 3rd Ed.,
15. R.B. Peck, W.E. Hanson and T.H. Thornburn, Foundation
Engineering, 2nd Edition, John Wiley and Sons,
16. IS: 1892-1979 – “Code of Practice for Subsurface
Investigation for Foundation”.
17. IS: 2131-1981 (Reaffirmed 1997), “Method for Standard
penetration Test for Soils”.
18. IS: 6403-1981 – “Code of Practice for Determination of
B.C. of Shallow Foundation”.
19. IS: 8009 (Part-1) 1976, “Code of Practice for
Calculation of settlements of foundations”.
20. IS: 1904-1986, “Code of Practice for Design and
Construction of Foundations in Soils, general Requirements”.
21. IS: 2911-1979, “Code of Practice for Design and
Construction of Pile Foundation,”.
22. Fang , H.Y.,(1991),” Foundation Engineering Handbook”,
Chapman & Hall,NY.
23. Teng .W.C.(1962), Foundation Design , Prentice Hall
Construction Planning and Management/TQM & MIS
01. Construction Engineering and Management by S.
Seetharaman, Umesh Publications, New Delhi.
02. Total Project Management – The Indian Context by P. K.
Joy Macmillan India Ltd.
03. PERT and CPM Principles and Applications by L. S.
Srinath, Affiliated East West Press Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi.
04. Construction Project Management-Planning, Scheduling and
Controlling by K. K. Chitkara, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing
Company, New Delhi.
05. Construction Management and Planning by B. Sengupta and
H Guha, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company, New Delhi.
06. The Essentials of Project Management by Dennis Lock,
Gower Publishing Ltd. UK.
07. Financial Management by Prasanna Chandra, Tata McGraw –
08. Engineering Economics, James Riggs, David Bedworth,
Sabah Randhawa, McGraw Hill
09. Essentials for Decision Makers by Asok Mukherjee,
Scitech Publication, New Delhi.
10. Construction Planning, Methods & Equipment: Puerifoy –
Tata McGraw Hill
11. Construction Equipment’s & its Management: S. C. Sharma,
12. Management –Principal, process and practices by Bhat –
Oxford University Press.
13. Financial management by Shrivastava- Oxford University
14. Quality Control and Total Quality Management by P.L.Jain-
Tata McGraw Hill Publ.Company Ltd.
15. Management Information Systems – Gordon B. Davis,
Margrethe H. Olson – Tata McGraw Hill Publ. Co.
16. Total Engineering Quality Management – Sunil Sharma –
Macmillan India Ltd.
17. Total Project Management – The Indian Context - P.K.Joy
Macmillan India Ltd.
18. Projects – Planning, Analysis, Selection, Implementation
and Review, Prasanna Chandra, Tata McGraw Hill Publications.
19. Construction Management and Planning – B. Sengupta and
H. Guha, Tata McGraw Hill Publications
20. Civil Engineering Project Management – C. Alan Twort and
J. Gordon Rees, Elsevier Publications
21. Total Project Management – The Indian Context – P. K.
Joy, MacMillian Publications
22. Materials Management–Gopalkrishnan & Sunderasan,Prentice
23. Human Resource Management – Biswajeet Pattanayak,
Prentice Hall Publishers
24. Labour and Industrial Laws – S. N. Mishra, Central Law
25. Artificial Neural Network – Veganarayanan – Prentice
26. Genetic Algorithm – David & Goldberg
27. Fuzzi Logic & Engineering Applications – Ross
28. Principles of Construction Management by Roy Pilcher (
01. Fluid Mechanics by Streeter & Wylie, Tata McGraw Hill.
02. Fluid Mechanics by Garde Mirajgaonkar, SCITECH
03. Fluid Mechanics by Dr Jain A. K., Khanna Pub.
04. Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics by Modi and Seth, Standard
05. Introduction to Fluid Mechanics by S K Som and G Biswas,
Tata McGraw Hill.
06. Fluid Mechanics with Engineering Applications by
Daugherty, Franzini & Fennimore, SI Metric Edition by K
Subramanya, McGraw Hill.
07. Fluid Mechanics by White, McGraw Hill.
08. Mechanics of Fluids by Irving Shames, McGraw Hill.
09. Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals & Applications by Cengel,
Cimbala, McGraw Hill Higher Education.
10. Engineering Fluid Mechanics by Garde, Mirajgaonkar,
11. Open Channel Flow: K. G. Ranga Raju - Tata McGraw Hill.
12. Open Channel Flow by K Subranmanya, TMH, Third Ed.
13. Open Channel Hydraulics: Ven te Chow - Tata McGraw Hill.
01. Engineering hydrology – Subramanyam Tata McGraw Hill.
02. Hydrology & Water Resources – R.K. Sharma Dhanpatrai &
03. ANN in Hydrology; Govinda Raju & Ramachandra Rao; PHI
04. “Handbook of Applied Hydrology” by Van Tee Chow- McGRAW
Irrigation Engineering/Water Management
01. Irrigation Engineering - S. K. Garg.
02. Irrigation, Water Resources and water power engineering-
Dr. P. N. Modi Publ Standard book house.
03. Irrigation and water power Engineering.- Dr. Punmia and
Dr . Pande, Standard Publisher
04. Irrigation Engineering Bharat Singh
05. Theory & design of irrigation structures Vol.I, II,
IIIVarshney Gupta and Gupta Nemchand and brothers
06. Water Management – Jasapal Singh, M.S.Achrya, Arun
Sharma – Himanshu Publication.
07. Water Resources Systems Engg, D. P. Loucks, Prentice
08. S I Gass: ‘Linear Programming’, McGraw Hill, Kogakusha,
09. S S Rao : ‘Optimisation : Theory and Applications’,
Wiley Eastern, 1980.
10. L Mangasarian : ‘Non-linear Programming’ – TMH 1969.
11. A. K. Biswas; Systems Approach to Water
Management,McGraw Hill Book Co, New York.
12. Chaturvedi, M.C. “ Water Resources Systems Planning and
Management” Tata McGraw Hill
13. James L.D and Lee R.R “ Economics of Water Resources
Planning”, McGraw Hill
14. Water resources hand book; Larry W. Mays, McGraw
15. H.S. Ang and W.H. Tang, Probability Concepts in
Engineering Planning & Design John Wiley, 1975.
16. J.R. Benjamin and C.A. Cornell; Probability statistics
decisions for Civil Engineering, McHill 1975.
17. Arthur Mass et al, Design of Water Resources Systems,
18. L. D. James & R.R.Leo, Economics of Water Recourses
Planning, McGraw Hills, NY 1971.
19. W. A. Hill & J. A. Dracup, Water Resources Systems
20. Water shed Management – B.M. Tideman
21. Watershed Shed Management V.V. Dhrava Narayana, G Sastry,
22. Water Resources Design Planning Engg and Economic;
Edward Kuiper, Butterworth & Co.
23. T.M. Lillesand and R.W. Kiefer, Remote Sensing and Image
Interpretation, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1994.
Dams & Hydraulic Structures
01. Design of Small Dams- United States Department of the
Interior, Bureau of Reclamation revised reprint 1974, Oxford
and IBH Publishing Co.
02. Irrigation and Water Resources Engineering- Asawa G.L-
New Age International (P) Ltd. Publishers, first ed, 2005.
03. Engineering for Dams- CreagerW.P, Justin J.D, Hinds J
-Wiley Eastern Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 1968
04. Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures- Garg
S.K- Khanna Publishers N.D. 13th ed, 1998.
05. Hydraulic Structures, Vol. 1. & Vol. 2- Grishin M.M- Mir
Publishers, Moscow, 1982.
06. Design Textbook in Civil Engineering: Volume Six: Dams-
Leliavsky, Serge Oxford and IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.,
07. Roller Compacted Concrete Dams- MehrotraV.K- Standard
Publishers Distributors, Delhi, 1st ed, 2004.
08. Irrigation, Water Resources and Water Power Engineering-
Modi, P.N. – Standard Book House, New Delhi, 2nd ed, 1990.
09. Earth and Earth Rock Dams- Sherard J.L, Woodward R.J. -
John Wiley and Sons, inc. 1963.
10. I.S. 8605 – 1977 (Reaffirmed 1998), Code of practice for
construction of masonry in dams, third reprint, July 1999,
B.I.S. New Delhi.
11. I.S. 6512-1984 (Reaffirmed 1998), Criteria for design of
solid gravity dams, first revision, first reprint,
September, 1998, B.I.S. New Delhi.
12. I.S. 457 – 1957 (Reaffirmed, 2005), Code of practice for
general construction of plain and reinforced concrete for
dam and other massive structures, sixth reprint, January
1987, B.I.S. New Delhi.
13. I.S. 10135 – 1985, Code of practice for drainage system
for gravity dams, their foundations and abutments, first
revision, B.I.S. New Delhi.
14. I.S. 14591 – 1999, Temperature control mass concrete for
dams – guidelines, B.I.S. New Delhi.
15. I.S. 11223 – 1985 (Reaffirmed 2004), Guidelines for
fixing spillway capacity, edition 1.2 (1991-09), B.I.S. New
16. I.S. 6934 – 1998 (Reaffirmed 2003), Hydraulic design of
high ogee overflow spillways – recommendations, first
revision, B.I.S. New Delhi.
17. I.S. 11155- 1994, Construction of spillways and similar
overflow structures – Code of practice, B.I.S. New Delhi.
18. I.S. 5186 – 1994, Design of chute and side channel
spillway – criteria, first revision, B.I.S. New Delhi.
19. I.S. 10137- 1982 (Reaffirmed 2004), Guidelines for
selection of spillways and energy dissipaters, B.I.S. New
20. I.S. 4997 – 1968 (Reaffirmed 1995) Criteria for design
of hydraulic jump type stilling basins with horizontal and
sloping apron, sixth reprint, January, 1998, B.I.S. New
21. I.S. 7365-1985, Criteria for hydraulic design of bucket
type energy dissipaters, first revision, B.I.S. New Delhi.
1. Water Power Engineering – M. M. Dandekar and K. N. Sharma
2. Handbook of Hydroelectric Engineering – P.S. Nigam
3. Modern Power System Planning – Wang
4. Hydropower Resources in India – CBIP
01. Neural Network Fundamentals with Graphs, Algorithms,
Applications-Bose N.K. & Liang P.McGraw Hill N.Y.
02. Neural Network: A Comprehensive foundation - S. Ragkin,
Prentice Hall, N.T.
03. Practical Handbook of GA Applications, Vol-I-L.
Chambers, C.R.C. Press-Boca Raton, Florida.
04. Machine Learning Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithm &
Fuzzy system - Adeli H. & Hung S.L. John Wiely & Sons inc.
1. Railway Track Engineering: J. S. Mundrey, Tata McGraw
01. Highway Engineering - Laurence I Hewes & Clarkson H
02. Traffic Engineering and Transport Planning - L R
03. The Design and Performance of Road Pavements - David
Croney, Paul Croney.
04. Understanding Traffic System -Michel A Taylor, William
Young, PeterW Bonsall.
05. Principles of Urban Transport Systems Planning - B.
06. Introduction to transport planning - M. J. Bruton.
07. Transport Networks - Potts Oliver (Academic Press).
08. Modem Construction Equipment’s and methods- Frank
09. Principles of Pavement Design - E.F. Yoder (John Wiley &
Sons, lnc USA).
10. Fundamentals of Transportation Engineering - C. S.
11. Pavement analysis and Design – Huang Y H, Prentice Hall,
Englewood Cliff,New Jersey.
12. Introduction to Transportation Engg. and Planning –
Morlok E K, McGraw-Hill company.
13. Fundamentals of Traffic flow Theory – Drew, McGraw-Hill
14 A course in Traffic Planning and design-Saxena
Subhash,Dhanpat Rai & sons,Delhi
15 Traffic analysis (New technologies new solutions)-Taylor
M P ,Hargreen Pub.Co. New Delhi
16. Handbook of Road Technology _Lay M. G.Gorden Breach
17. Highway engineering – S.K. Khanna and C.E.G. Justo, Nem
Chand and Broththers, Roorkee (Uttaranchal)
18. A Course in Highway Engineering – S.P. Bindra, Dhanpat
Rai and Sons, Delhi.
19. Principles of Transportation Engineering – G.V. Rao Tata
MacGraw Hill Publication
20. Highway Engineering – Rangawala, Charotar publishing
House, Anand 388001 (Gujrat)
21. Principles and practices of Highway engineering –Dr. L.R.
Kadiyali, Khanna Publishers Delhi.
22. Principles of Transportation Engineering – Partha
Chakraborty ,Animesh Das, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd.,
23. Highway and Bridge Engineering – B.L. Gupta, Amit Gupta
standard publishers Distributors, Delhi.
24. Handbook of Road Technology Lay M.G., Gorden Breach
25. Civil Engineering Handbook-Khanna S.K.
01. Essentials of Bridge Engineering – D. Johnson Victor,
Oxford and IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.
02. Concrete Bridge Practice – Analysis, Design and
Economics, V.K.Raina, Tata Mc Graw Hills Publications.
03. Design of Bridge Structures – T.R. Jagdish and
M.A.Jayram, Prentice Hall of India.
04. Design of Steel Structures Vol II – Ramchandra, Standard
Book House, Delhi.
05. Highway and Bridge Engineering – B.L. Gupta, Amit Gupta
standard publishers Distributors, Delhi.
06. Principles and practice of Bridge Engineering – S.P.
Bindra, Dhanpatrai and Sons,Delhi.
07 Bridge engineering – Rangawala, Charotar Publishing
House, Anand –388 001.
08. Essentials of Bridge Engineering – D. Johnson and
Victor, Oxford and IBH publishing co. Pvt. Ltd. , New Delhi.
09. Bridge engineering – S. Ponnuswamy, Tata Mc Graw – Hill
publishing co. Ltd. New Delhi.
10. I.S. 1201 TO 1220-1978, IS 73, IS 2386 PART I toV
11. I.R.C. 58, IRC37
12. Specifications for Road and Bridge works (MORTH)-IRC New
13. Indian Road Congress – Standard Specifications and Code
of Practices for Road Bridges.
14. IRC 18 – 1985, Design Criteria for Prestressed concrete
road bridges (Post Tensioned Concrete)
15. IS: 1915-1961, Code of Practice for Steel Bridges.
01. Airport planning and design – S.K. Khanna , M.G. Arora ,
S.S. Jain, Nem Chand and Brothers, Roorkee.
02. Airport Engineering - Rangawala, Charotar publishing
House, Anand 388001 (Gujrat)
Water Supply Engineering/Environmental Engineering
01. Water Supply Engineering: S. K. Garg, Khanna Publishers,
02. Water Supply and Treatment Manual: Govt. of India
03. Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering: G. S. Birdie and
J. S. Birdie, Dhanpat Rai Publishing Company, New Delhi.
04. Environmental Engineering: Peavy and Rowe, McGraw Hill
05. Environmental Engineering 1: Water Supply Engineering:
B. C. Punmia, Ashok Jain and Arun Jain. Laxmi Publications
06. Environmental Engineering: M. R. Gidde and R. K. Lad,
07. Optimal Design of Water Distribution Networks: P. R.
Bhave, Narosa Publishing House.
08. Rain Water Harvesting: Making water every body’s
business by CSE (Centre for Science and Environment)
09. Harvesting Faith: Linda K. Hubalek. Published by
10. Air Pollution: H. V. N. Rao and M. N. Rao, TMH
11. Environmental studies by Rajgopalan- Oxford University
12. Waste Water Treatment & Disposal – Metcalf & Eddy - TMH
13. Environmental Engineering - Peavy, Rowe - McGraw Hill
14. Waste Water Treatment – Rao & Dutta.
15. Waste Water Engineering – B.C. Punmia & Ashok Jain -
16. Water Supply & Waste Water Engineering- B.S.N. Raju –
17. Sewage Disposal & Air Pollution Engineering – S. K. Garg
– Khanna Publication.
18. Environmental Engineering – Davis - McGraw Hill
19. Manual on sewerage and sewage treatment – Public Health
Dept., Govt. of India.
20. Declaration of : The Stockholm Conference, Rio, Rio+5
21. Anti pollution Acts (3) and commentaries published
22. Constitution of India [ Referred articles from part-III
part-IV and part-IV A]
23 Pares Distn. Environmental Lows in India (Deep. Deep,
24. P. Leelakrishanan, Environmental and the last (Bullorthworths,
25. Basic environmental technology: Jerry; A. Nathanson.
26. Handbook of environmental management and technology:
Gwendolyn Holmes, Ben Ramnarine Singh, Louis Theodore.
27. The ISO 14000 Handbook: Joseph Cascio.
28. ISO 14004- Environmental management systems: General
guidelines on principles, systems and supporting techniques
(ISO 14004:1996 (E).
29. ISO 14001: environmental management systems:
Specification with guidance for use
(ISO 14001:1996b(E)) ( International organization for
30. I.S. Code 3025 (all parts)
31) http://cpcb.nic .in
32) http://moef.nic .in
01. Air Pollution – H. V. N. Rao and M. N. Rao, TMH, Pub.
02. Air pollution – KVSG Murali krishna.
03. Air Pollution – Perkins.
04. Environmental Engineering – Davis, McGraw Hill- Pub.
05. Environmental Engineering – Peavy and Rowe, McGraw Hill-
06. Air Pollution – Stern.
07. Air Pollution Control – Martin Crawford.
08. I.S. 5182 (all parts), I.S. 15442 (2004)
09. http://cpcb.nic .in
10. http://moef.nic .in
Docks & Harbour Engineering
1. Harbour, Dock and Tunnel Engineering: R. Srinivasan
2. Docks and Harbour Engineering: Hasmukh P. Oza and Gautam
H. Oza – Charotar Book Stall
01. Principles of architecture by Methushoba – Mohan -
Oxford University Press
02. Town planning by G.K .Hiraskar
03. Town planning by S. Rangwala
04. MRTP act 1966
05. Land Acquisition act 1894
06. UDPFI guidelines, ministry of urban affairs and
employment, Govt. & India.
07. Manual of tropical housing and building by koenigsbeger
08. Planning legislation by Koperdekar and Diwan.
09. Sustainable building design manual
10. Building Drawing- 5 th edition – Shah, Kale, Patki
11. Green Buildings (Mc Graw hill): by Gevorkian
12. Emerald Architecture: case studies in green buildings: -
13. The engineering guide to LEED- new
construction-sustainable construction for engineers
1) Principles of geographical information system 2/e by
Burrough- – Oxford University press.
2) Remote sensing & GIS by Bhatta – Oxford University press.
3) Principle and Application of Photogeology by S. N. Pande
4) Photogeology and Regional mapping by J. A. E. Allum
5) Remote sensing and Image Interpretation By Lilley Sand
6) Photogeology by Miller and Miller
Industrial Waste Water Management
1) Waste Water Treatment & Disposal – Metcalf & Eddy - TMH
2) Environmental Engineering - Peavy, Rowe - McGraw Hill
3) Waste Water Treatment – Rao & Dutta.
4) Pollution Control in Process Industries-S.P.Mahajan,Tata
McGraw Hill Publication.
5) Water and Wastewater technology-Mark J.Hammer and Mark
J.Hammer.Jr.,Prentice Hall of India.
6) Waste water Treatment for Pollution Control-Soli
J.Arceivala,Tata McGraw Hill